tiffany leanne

aujourd'hui de mon vivant...

13 June 2007

xanadu.

My life is not perfect, but it's darn close to it! I don't say that to brag, or even to lie; truly, my life is wonderful. I am so blessed--no matter how "old fashioned" it sounds. Not only do I live in a country where a big house and three square meals every day are the norm, but I live with the amazing freedom to fearlessly get an education, go to church, and type this blog any way I please. I have my very own bedroom and 17 years of a quality education under my belt. I have more shoes than anyone needs, and I can indulge in a plethora of music, books, television, and ice cream any time I please! I have as much clean water to drink as I want, and there are 10,000 gallons of clean water sitting in my backyard serving no purpose but for recreation. I know it's still a little early for an Independance Day speech, but, honestly, we, as United States citizens, have it made! Even those of us who "don't"--actually do, comparatively.
I have a family that loves me, a boyfriend who loves me, and cat who loves me! I've got some friends and a whole church load of people who care about me. I am loved very much. I've found the one person who means more to me than anything--and the feeling is mutual! We're together, we're dating, and our lives have slowly merged into one as plans have fit together like jigsaw puzzle pieces--not always easily, but always working out perfectly in the end.
I've graduated from college with a quality degree from a good school--in a subject that I love! I finished in four years, and I already have a job in place, and it's one that actually has to do with my degree! I am proud of my accomplishments. I'll be moving to Europe in September; I'm going to have once in a lifetime opportunities daily for a year while I immerse myself in various cultures. As if that weren't enough, my one and only is moving with me. We will be given this amazing year to share in awesome experiences before we continue on our journey together.
Could I even ask for anything more in my life? Yes, as is human nature, don't we all want more? Always? But, as for what I need--that's all been covered, along with so much more. Last night, I just started thinking about how much I really have in my life, and I can't even describe it. I have so much, and it's amazing. Since I've been home, I've cleaned out several boxes of "junk" from my bedroom. I have so much "stuff," it's absurd. But, what percentage of the world has the wealth to be able to carry five or six very full boxes of clothes, toys, and other "stuff" to the Salvation Army--and not ever miss any of it?! It's not that high. We are truly blessed to live here. And, while relationships (whether romantic or platonic) are not always easy and perfect, it's a million times better to have them than a lack thereof. Think about it all sometime; your life is amazing, and if you really sit down and think about it, you'll be blown away....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home